Tuesday, July 10, 2012 | 2:31 PM
With so much going on this year at Google I/O -- including an epic skydiving product demo --we wanted to make sure you caught all the action from the Google+ team.
This year's event was our biggest and most amazing yet, and we shared it all with more than 5,500 developer attendees in person, and millions more in 172 countries around the world via I/O Live and I/O Extended.
Here are a few of the highlights from Google+:
- Launched Google+ Events, and Google+ tablet apps for Android and iOS.
- Extended the Google+ platform to mobile, with mobile web optimized social plugins and Google+ SDKs for iOS and Android (coming soon).
- Introduced new featured hangout apps, and showed off sandbox partners Google Art Project, MiniClip 8-ball Pool, Symphonical, and a preview of Dominion!
- Brought the Google+ history API into early developer preview, allowing sites and apps to privately save moments to their users’ Google+ history where users can, if they want, share those moments with others.
- Added +1 recommendations to help site owners show more relevant content to their users.